Thursday, May 22, 2014

Months 4-6

There have been so many exciting changes in the past three months.  As hard as it is to see my baby girl grow up so fast, I'm so very thankful for her health and cute lil' personality.  Here's a little insight into months 4, 5, and 6.

Month 4-
At the docter, Mila got her 4 month shots which totally stinks, but I know how important they are, so we tough through it.  Daddy got to go to this appointment with us, which makes everything better. Mila was 11.9lbs and 24in long, which puts her in the 10th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height. She was extremely talkative at the appointment.  In fact, the doctor said she's never heard a baby her age talk so much.  Yep, she's definitely my daughter.  Ha!


At four months, Mila rolls from her tummy to her back.  She did this for the first time at a slumber party with my college roomies in Belton.  It was so much fun getting together with my best girlfriends and our babies.  Mila has learned how to squeal...and holy moley, it's high pitched, but super cute. We may have an opera singer in her near future.   



Month 5-
Mila has found her toes!!!  She lays on her back, reaches for her toes, and even chews on them.  This lil' thing is obsessed.  I love it.  Mila drools nonstop too.  She is definitely starting to teeth, but hasn't started the fussy stage yet.  Just lots and lots of drool.  This month, we started giving her banana oatmeal, which she enjoys very much.  She has become aware of her big brother, (our dog) Maverick.  He loves to lick her and she just grabs his floppy cheeks and lets him.  I'm so happy he's calm around her and she's not afraid.  

Month 6-
As the months go by, I'm enjoying each one more and more.  Month 6 has been a blast so far.  She had to get shots again...boo!  But, she is healthy, healthy, healthy.  The doctor calls her petite and perfect.  Mila weighs 13.8 1/2lbs and is 26in long, which means 10th percentile for weight and 50th-75th percentile for height.  This chick is long and lean.  My precious girl says "Mama" too.  It's mostly when she's upset, but I'll take it.  I love hearing it.  I can't believe our little bug is already half a year old.  What a blessed 6 months it has been so far!  








No comments:

Post a Comment