Saturday, March 15, 2014

Months 1-4

Month 1-
We had lots of family and friends come visit our sweet Mila.  I learned how to operate with little or no sleep, the struggles and joys of breastfeeding, how to differentiate between a hungry cry and a tired one, and how to love in a way I've never known.  We celebrated her first Thanksgiving and man, are we thankful! 


 
Month 2-
We slowly but surely began to get the hang of things as we entered into month #2.  She had her first diaper rash, which turned into a yeast infection, she took her first road trip to Houston and on down to McAllen, she had her first visit from Santa, celebrated her first Christmas, had her first set of shots (OUCH), and began to show us her beautiful smile.  We love watching her grow!



Month 3-
This month was bittersweet.  I was trying to embrace every second with my sweetie, because I knew our time was limited as I would be returning to work soon.  I would randomly cry knowing I would soon miss her smiles, sneezes, cries, snuggles, etc.  The night before going back to work was hard; Josh held me as I cried and told him I didn't want to go to sleep because I knew in the morning I would have to leave her.  He assured me I would be so busy at work, the day would fly by.  Going back was tough, but my students, coworkers, and awesome principal made things easier, but boy, I sure missed my Mila.  On the day she turned 3 months, she laughed for the first time.  It was the most perfect and precious sound. 


 

Month 4-
I didn't realize it was possible to fall more and more in love with our sweet baby girl, but with each passing day, I do!!  She is laughing, grasping her toys, rolling from tummy to back, helping hold her pacifier (pucky) and bottle, gibber-jabbering, and squealing like a high pitched mouse.  The doctor said she's never heard a 4 month old talk so much (uh-oh, she's gonna be a talker like her mommy)!  She had her second round of shots and this time daddy was there to make things better.   Mila is petite, but strong and loves looking at herself in the mirror. 
 


 
Happily exhausted,
Hope

 

No comments:

Post a Comment